The objectives of WP1 are to provide a clear organisational framework and all necessary support mechanisms to enable a smooth project workflow in HPCQS and to ensure that all contractual commitments will be met in time.
- Implementation of efficient management and support structures
- Contractual issues & Decision-making management
- Reporting, financial management & controlling
- Scientific coordination, quality assurance & risk management
- Data Management
The objectives of WP2 are acquiring a federated 100+ qubit simulator at GENCI/CEA and at FZJ and integrating the selected Quantum Simulators respectively in the Tier-0 High Performance Computing environments of CEA-TGCC and FZJ as operating the hybrid classical/quantum infrastructure. In addition, WP2 will perform a regular technological assessment of quantum computing hardware (HW) and software (SW).
- Acquisition of the quantum simulator pilot
- Infrastructure, installation, operations, data centre integration
- Survey on state-of-the-art quantum computing technologies (HW/SW) and access provision to promising European ones in the distributed/cloud-based quantum environment of HPCQS
*FZJ is official WP lead –with ParTec taking over the operational implementation
The objectives of WP3 are the design and definition of a resource management interface to the Quantum Learning Machine (QLM)/Quantum Simulator (QS), the full integration of the latter into the Modular Supercomputing Architecture, as well as providing access to the QLM/QS via a cloud-based portal to the users and enabling the co-existence of both the full integration and the cloud-based access via a common resource management.
- Middleware development
- Common cloud-based portal for access to quantum simulator pilot
Work Package 4 – Programming technologies and technical libraries
The objectives of WP4 are the development of a high-level analog programming framework and software (SW) environment, of technical libraries to translate application use cases into analog programs, compilers to adapt hardware (HW)-agnostic analog programs to selected vendor’s constraints, a realistic and scalable emulator of the selected platforms, as well as the low-level interface with selected HW.
- High-level programming and software environment
- Technical libraries
- Low-level interfacing of the HW
- Optimization of the software for the quantum hardware (ZX and Parity compilation)
- Numerical model and emulator of the selected hardware
The objectives of WP5 for user engagement and training on the HPCQS platform and solutions via JUNIQ are to build applications to demonstrate scientific and industry-relevant use-cases, to develop training material and user guides, to engage with and conduct training events for academic and industry users, as well as to support the use of JUNIQ for application development by consortium and external users.
- Use-case demonstrators
- Training and knowledge transfer
- User engagement
The main objectives of WP6 are consistent dissemination, outreach and communication, as well as a wide outreach to the large stakeholder community to support the building of an ecosystem, and operational support for exploitation.
- Project communication – Management, Materials, Branding, Marketing
- Networking & stakeholder engagement
- Active dissemination of project results to commercial and non-commercial stakeholders
- Use of online-/Social Media tools for communication and dissemination of envisioned project results
- Project Exploitation and IP Management
- Peer-reviewed provision of HPCQS