HPCQS Gets a Stage at the EC Digital Assembly 2023 in Stockholm
The European Commission Digital Assembly took place in Stockholm on 15 and 16 June 2023. A plenary session on the first day of the event on progress in quantum technologies was hosted by Prof. Tommaso Calarco, Forschungszentrum Jülich.
During this session, Georges-Olivier Reymond, founder and CEO of the start-up PASQAL, interviewed his co-founder and 2022 Nobel Laureate in Physics, Prof. Alain Aspect, via video message. In this context, Reymond thanked HPCQS for the opportunity to install a quantum computer at each of the project's partner locations in Jülich and Paris by the end of the year, thus putting his computing machine to use.
Afterwards, in her presentation, HPCQS coordinator Prof. Kristel Michielsen gave a comprehensive overview of quantum computing in general and the hybrid infrastructure of HPC and quantum computing technologies envisaged by the EU in particular. She outlined the central role of HPCQS in paving the way towards this infrastructure by 2027.
Click here to watch the video of the EC Digital Assembly 2023, day 1.
- "Progress in Quantum Technologies"
- hosted by Tommaso Calarco, Forschungszentrum Jülich
- Talk about Quantum Computing
- Georges-Olivier Reymond, PASQAL, interviews Physics Nobel Laureate Alain Aspect
- Presentation on Quantum Computing and EU Hybrid HPC-QC Infrastructure
- presented by Kristel Michielsen, Forschungszentrum Jülich, Jülich Supercomputing Centre